What is Spiritism?
Spiritism was presented to us by the Spirit world so we here on earth may perfect ourselves and prepare the earth to reach a higher plane of existence. Using Spiritism, we are expected to improve our collective behavior. Spiritism was brought to us via the work of Allan Kardec. In 1857, in response to the growing interest in spirits and mediums, Allan Kardec (pen name of the French teacher and educator Hippolyte Léon Denizard Rivail) organized a series of questions designed to discern the exact nature and wishes of the spirits. He did not accept information from just one medium, but verified the response to a question from multiple mediums throughout Europe. Allan Kardec wrote a total of five books documenting the answers to his questions. The basic tenets of Spiritism are:
1. Love God.
2. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
3. Practice justice.
4. Forgive all who offend you.
5. Make amends for our own wrong doing.
The spirits revealed to us the basic facts of our existence:
1. Your soul is immortal.
2. You travel through multiple lives as a process to learn to love, be fraternal, and be selfless.
3. The goal of God is for every spirit to one day be pure.
4. There is no eternal hell, it is a station for souls who are materialistic and have an excessive love of self.
5. There are many levels of heaven. Heaven is not a place where we have eternal leisure, but one of on-going work to help others.
6. Life on earth is like a school. You are assigned events in your life and how you react and behave will determine your spiritual progress.
In the 1930’s in Brazil, the medium Chico Xavier began psychographing (the process of a medium writing under the direction of a spirit) messages and books sent by spirits. From the very beginning he was told to always follow the doctrines of Allan Kardec. Chico wrote more than 400 books by the time of his death in 2002. Within these books, the Spirits revealed information about Allan Kardec and the Spirit world’s plan for our future;
1. When Jesus referred to the “Great Consoler”, he was foretelling the arrival of the Spirit of Truth, who worked with Allan Kardec to create his series of five books.
2. For the earth to progress, the human race needs to understand that every action they do here on earth will have consequences in their next life.
3. The Bible was written by men under the influence of their beliefs and culture at their time. While the central spiritual message of love is eternal, the stories of the Bible, such as the Earth being made in 6 days are allegories and not meant to be taken literally.
4. We are being told this now because the human race is culturally and technically advanced to be able to accept these messages.
5. Spiritism is not meant to replace religions, but to supplement them with the knowledge of the basic doctrine of reincarnation and its purpose.
6. The spreading and acceptance of Spiritism will enable to world to begin a new age, where war is a thing of the past.
7. The Spirit world has planned these events and is guiding the earth through subtle interventions.
8. At some time in the future, science will definitely prove the existence of a soul and an afterlife.
As one can see, the tenets of reincarnation have also been delivered to us via an alternative channel. That of the Spirit world communicating directly to mediums to alert us of a life beyond our single human existence. While all around us people who have psychic abilities or those who had NDE experiences are reporting the same philosophy of love and redemption through trials.
You can purchase my short e-book on Amazon Kindle, Spiritism 101 – The Third Revelation, for just $0.99, click here for the link.
A more detailed explanation of the process of reincarnation is in my book, The Case for Reincarnation – Your Path to Perfection.
What is our extent of knowledge about the spirit universe and where are we in the process of ascending to be a pure spirit is covered in my book, Explore Your Destiny: Since Your Life’s Path is (mostly) Predetermined.